Pall Mall Art Advisors (PMAA) is an international, independent art appraisal and advisory firm that offers hands-on fellowships for college students and recent graduates on a rolling-basis. Our fellowship provides the opportunity to gain first-hand experience in all the core elements of managing logistics of the art advisory division of the firm. The fellow will work directly with the extended art advisory team. Knowledge of art history is essential and an academic specialization or practical experience in art advisory logistics is a plus. We are looking for college students and recent college graduates for our area staff on a FT basis. The position will provide support of art advisory management while working hand in hand with our team of experienced art advisors. This is a long term fellowship (6-12 months), with an eye to cultivating and creating a full time entry level employment opportunity at PMAA at the end of this 12 month fellowship, for the right candidate. We are looking for a fellow who:
• Has a keen interest in and knowledge of fine art.
• Has an outstanding work ethic and know how to prioritize and manage their time efficiently and effectively
• Would be described by their peers as “detail-oriented,” “professional,” and “accountable”
• Is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and thrive managing multiple projects on tight deadlines
• Is a team player and has the ability to take initiative and think creatively while working autonomously
• Is excited to be a collaborative member of the team and learn the in’s and out’s of the Art Advisory industry • Has a keen interest and corresponding work experience and/or studies in art history. • Is motivated and interested in both the gallery and auction markets and is keen to work in these markets.
• Computer skills – Apple Mac OS, MS Office, Photoshop, Internet savvy Fellowship Training Opportunities and responsibilities may include:
• Research and catalogue fine art
• Coordinate with auction houses, galleries, and shipping companies to ship tangible assets worldwide.
• Communicate with clients to schedule collection and delivery of tangible assets.
• Track shipments to ensure safe travel and arrival.
• Assist team with collection management, sales and acquisition
• Formatting and editing documents
• Photoshop and photograph art
• Create client presentations via PowerPoint or Word
• Contact galleries, auction houses or conservators when necessary
• Assist in managing and placing consignments in exhibitions and museums globally
• Provide administrative support to the advisory team when needed This Fellowship is paid.
How to apply:
This Fellowship offers a modest weekly stipend. Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Arts Advisory Logistics Fellow”. Pall Mall Art Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please no calls. www.pallmallartadvisors.com
Artist in Residence, Opportunities
Apply until 29/10/2021
Artist in Residence, Call for Artists, Opportunities
Apply until 23/10/2021
Call for Artists, Exhibition Opportunity, Opportunities
Apply until 07/01/2022