With the Artists’ Contacts programme, the ifa supports the international cooperation of cultural actors. Artists and cultural practitioners from Germany and from transformation or developing countries receive valuable support for projects in contemporary visual arts, architecture, photography, media art and design. Applicants thereby receive the chance to network internationally and to advance the intercultural discourse between Germany and the global South.
- 15 August 2021 for projects in the following year.
- 31 January 2022 for projects as of June of the same year.
The date of postmark is applicable. Applications sent after the filing deadline will not be considered.
The Application in 4 Steps
- Request access to the online application via the application system.
- Open the link sent in the email and create an online application.
- Fill out the application (Interim storage possible).
- Submit the application online, then print out and sign the application and send it to ifa by post:
ifa (Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen)
What Application Documents Are Required?
- Invitation from the foreign cultural or exhibition institution.
- Description of the cultural or exhibition institution.
- CVs for all applicants for which funding is requested.
- Visual material of the project to be funded and/or of previous artistic work. Sound and video work can be inserted as a link in the application system under upload area.
- Three quotations for the cost of airfare based on current fares.
What Happens After Applying?
All applicants will receive written confirmation or rejection within about three months of the submission of their application. Recourse to legal action is out of question. If funding is granted to the applicant, ifa will reimburse all applicable and recoverable costs upon receiving the original invoices.
Artist in Residence, Call for Artists, Online Events, Opportunities, Workshop/Course
Apply until 16/09/2021
Artist in Residence, Call for Artists, Magazine, Opportunities, wendy.network
Apply until 22/08/2021
Call for Artists, Opportunities
Apply until 28/08/2021