The Spongleheim gallery is pleased to announce the call for artists for our next exhibition is now open. We are looking for works inspired by the theme “ONE”. All works will be considered but we are particularly interested in showcasing work in the genres of outsider art, art brut, naïve art, folk art and the work of self-taught artists.
All image-based submissions are welcome (e.g. drawing, painting, sculpture, photography) but we cannot accept films, animations or music for this exhibition.
12th July 2021: Call for submissions open
13th August 2021: Call for submissions closes
27th August 2021: Artists notified via e-mail
1st September 2021: Exhibition opens
21st September 2021: Exhibition closes
The Spongleheim is a not for profit online gallery run by volunteers with the mission to showcase works produced in the genres of outsider art, art brut, folk art, naive art and the work of self-taught artists. Exhibitions take place 4 times a year with 21 exhibits sourced from an open call and selected by an independent panel of artists.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Artists may submit a maximum of three pieces for consideration.
- For this exhibition we are looking for images (i.e. not music or film) but the artwork can be in any medium (e.g. drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, installation)
- 21 pieces will be selected to be part of the exhibition by an independent panel of artists. The panel’s selection is final.
- Artists will be notified whether they have been successful or not by e-mail on the 27th August.
- The selected pieces will be added to the online exhibition along with the artists’ preferred name and a single link to their portfolio/website as provided below.
- The Spongleheim Gallery is a not for profit project to highlight the works of outsider artists and those producing work associated with this genre. This exhibition is purely to showcase the work of the selected artists. No exchange of money will take place between the artist or the gallery and the Spongleheim Gallery will make no claim of copyright or exclusivity for the works which remain the sole copyright of the artist.
How to Apply
Submit applications at https://form.jotform.com/211903001144336