Call For Entries: The Royal Society of British Artists
Artists are invited to submit work for exhibition alongside members of the Royal Society of British Artists at their Annual Exhibition 2022.
The Royal Society of British Artists invites painters, sculptors and printmakers to submit their work for consideration to be shown in the Society’s Annual Exhibition 2022. As well as skill and draughtsmanship, they will be looking for originality and creativity. This presents the opportunity to exhibit your work at a prestigious London gallery alongside well-established artists and have your work seen by thousands of visitors, including buyers and collectors.
All work must be submitted online. Pre-selection from online entries will take place, after which pre-selected works should be delivered to Mall Galleries, London, for final selection.
- Any artist over 18 may submit.
- Acceptable media: Any medium including painting, sculpture and original prints.
- Submission fee: £20 per work (or £14 per work for artists aged 35 or under).
- Maximum of six works submitted.
- Maximum of four works selected.
- Work must not have been exhibited previously.
- Works should not be larger than 2.4m along the longest dimension.
- All work must be for sale. The price of works must include commission of 45%+VAT (please note that where foundry fees apply, foundry costs will be deducted before commission is calculated).
- Minimum price: £300 (framed prints: £180, unframed prints: £120 – buyers will not be charged for postage and packaging of unframed prints, so please ensure the price of unframed prints allows for this).
There are many prizes and awards available to win, including cash prizes, product prizes and publication prizes (subject to final confirmation).
Previous prizes have included:
- The de Laszlo Foundation Prize: The de Laszlo Medal for Excellence and £1,500 will be awarded for the best artwork from life by an artist aged 35 or under
- The Artist Magazine Award: The winner will be interviewed in The Artist magazine, print and digital editions
- The Dry Red Press Award: The winning work will be published as a greeting card in the Dry Red Press ‘Prize Winners’ range, with royalties from the sale of the cards going to the artist
- Frinton Frames Award: £200 of picture framing at Frinton Frames bespoke handfinished picture frame makers
- The Geoffrey Vivis Memorial Award: £100
- The Gordon Hulson Memorial Prize: £250 for draughtsmanship, variety & exploration
- Hahnemuhle Fine Art UK Award: A prize of artist paper, worth £250
- The John Lynn Commemorative Award for a Young Artist: £500
- The Michael Harding Awards: Two awards of £500 worth of Michael Harding art materials, and 10 painting starter sets
- Nathan David Award for Sculpture: £150
- The Peter Kelly Commemorative Prize: £300
- The Ronald Morgan Memorial Award: £250
- The Stuart Southall Print Prize: £250
- The Surgeon’s Prize: £500
- The Winsor & Newton Painting Award: Art materials to the value of £500
How to Apply:
All work must be submitted online. Pre-selection from online entries will take place, after which pre-selected works should be delivered to Mall Galleries, London, for final selection:
– Upload images of work at www.mallgalleries.oess1.uk between Monday 11 October and Friday 10 December 2021, 12 noon [Note: Images must be in JPEG format and under 5MB].
– Check www.mallgalleries.oess1.uk from 12 noon on Friday 17 December to see if your work has been pre-selected.
– If pre-selected, deliver your work for final selection on Saturday 22 January 2022, 10am to 5pm, to Mall Galleries, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD.
– Check online from 12 noon on Tuesday 25 January to see if your work has been selected.
– If unaccepted, collect your work on Thursday 27 January, 10am to 5pm.
Artist in Residence, Exhibition Opportunity, Opportunities
Apply until 30/11/2021
Artist in Residence, Opportunities
Apply until 12/12/2021
Artist in Residence, Opportunities
Apply until 03/12/2021