Exhibition Opportunity: Embracing Our Differences 2022
Diversity is at the heart of what it means to be an artist.
Artists possess a powerful tool to evoke social change. Without uttering a single word, they can enlighten, educate and affect change around the world. Embracing Our Differences invites you to participate in creating a society where diversity is embraced and individuality is celebrated.
Become a part of this change by submitting your original art to Embracing Our Differences and its annual international outdoor juried art exhibit.
About the Exhibit
Featuring 50 billboard-size images measuring 16 feet (5m) wide by 12.5 feet (4min) high, each work of art is created by local, national and international artists reflecting their interpretation of our theme “enriching lives through diversity and inclusion.“
The 2022 exhibit will be on display January 15 through April 10, 2022 at Bayfront Park in downtown Sarasota, Florida. Since 2004, the exhibit has hosted over 3.55 million visitors, in addition to 436,000 students via our education programs, for a very unique opportunity to experience the importance of diversity and inclusion in our lives.
How to Apply
Before submitting artwork, please verify that your artwork meets these requirements:
- Your art must be HORIZONTAL in orientation which means that it must be wider than it is tall – submissions that do not meet this requirement will be disqualified. Artwork Templates
- Your digital file must be a high resolution image of no less than 300 dpi (the higher the better).
- Include a brief (200 word maximum) “Artist Statement” explaining your art, your creative process and/or what the theme means to you.
- Please label your digital art file with the “title” and your name – for example, “ArtworkTitle-ArtistName;”
- Your digital file must be less than 400MB in size.
- If making more than one submission online, you will need to create a separate entry for each one.
- Teachers submitting student artwork should click here for a simplified submission process.
To apply and for more information visit https://www.embracingourdifferences.org/submit-art-2022-exhibit/