We are currently accepting submissions for Issue 0.2: Touch through August 1st, 2021 (midnight PST) that specifically, broadly, or abstractly address the theme of “Touch.”
FLAT journal uses a rolling submission process. FLAT looks for works relating to the intersection of visual and conceptual art, technology, and/or media.
Your work will be reviewed by our 2021 editorial board for consideration. If your work is chosen for this issue, your content will be included in this year’s online publication, at the designers’ discretion.
The following types of new, ongoing, or previously published works are welcome:
- Theory/criticism / scholarly research in writing or writing with images
- reviews of artworks, software, films, television, or other media
- Fiction, poetry, sound
- Photo essays, photography, digital images
- Illustrations, animations, videos
- Instruction based works, software, interactive media
You may submit up to three works. Past publication or experience is not required. Other content types may be accepted. If you have specific requirements to make your work viewable in the ideal fashion, please let us know, we can work with you collaboratively, especially for interactive or complex media types.
How to apply
Applications are submitted online here and should include:
- Abstract (100 – 500 words)
- Full plain text document (.rtf, .doc, .html, or google doc are preferred)
- Artist’s or Author’s short bio
- Links to author’s site or other published relevant works
- Any useful supporting images/media
- Images should be jpg, 1200px on one side (if your work is chosen, we will request high-resolution images at 3000px)
- For videos or interactive media, please provide a link that does not expire such as Vimeo, Youtube, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, or Box. (Please note that we review applications towards the end of the open call timeline. WeTransfer and Firefox Send links tend to expire before our editors review them. If we cannot access the link, we may not be able to successfully review your submission).
- Alt-text descriptions of any visual media
Artist in Residence, Opportunities
Apply until 29/10/2021
Artist in Residence, Call for Artists, Opportunities
Apply until 23/10/2021
Call for Artists, Exhibition Opportunity, Opportunities
Apply until 07/01/2022