Be part of our online summer 2021 exhibition and ‘art book’.
All selected FLORAL works will be included in an online slide show and publication.
The symbolic properties of flowers have long been a source of artistic, poetic, and mythical inspiration. From antiquity to the present, blossoms have been called upon to signify and celebrate key moments in life: bouquets appear in delivery rooms, at baptisms, weddings, and funerals, as markers to commemorate and celebrate both the beauty and the fragility of life.
ABOUT THE EXHIBITION
For this CALL FOR ENTRY, the Aird is enlisting contemporary artists’ blooming compositions. All pieces, be they created using water-colour or oil paint, mixed media, collage, photography, sculpture, and/or new media that reflect on the garden subject and how it appears in nature and/or culture will be considered.
The entry fee is $50 and covers entry up to 2 works per artist. It is non-refundable and can be paid upon submitting your application. Funds collected go towards making this exhibition possible.
HOW TO ENTER
- Artists may submit up to two works.
- Image files must be as follow:
- File names must be labeled Last Name_First Name, Title.jpg
- Example: Smith_Jane, Morning Doves.jpg
- Images must be in jpeg/jpg/png format.
- Should have a max dpi of 200.
- File size cannot exceed 2MB
- File size must not exceed 2 MB.
- Submit original works only.
- Please note that improperly named files may not be recorded in our system.
More info here
Exhibition Opportunity, Opportunities, Prizes and Awards
Apply until 01/08/2021
Exhibition Opportunity, Opportunities
Apply until 31/07/2021
Call for Artists, Opportunities
Apply until 30/07/2021