ORGANISER The Ada Sari Culture and Art Centre in Stary Sącz | The IMO Contemporary Art Gallery in collaboration with the Stary Sącz Culture Foundation (Co-Organiser).
LOCATION OF THE RESIDENCY Stary Sącz, Poland
RESIDENCY PERIOD 16/08/2021–12/09/2021
SUBJECT AND PURPOSE OF THE IMO ART RESIDENCY We invite particularly artists, for whom the context of one’s surroundings and social relations as well as the cultural impact of a place provide an impulse for creative activities, to take part in the one-month art residency in Stary Sącz. We would like the location of the residency to feature in the applicant’s envisioned artistic programme as an important factor in their creative process.
Programmes that include the initiation of a dialogue with the local community during the creative process or collaboration with it in the creation of a work are the most sought after. As part of the work on the project, we plan to hold consultations with the curator of the art residencies run by the IMO gallery and the curator of the IMO gallery, alongside a presentation of the artist and their creative process during the residency – an event held within the framework of a meeting open to the public. Depending on the work created, the Organiser’s goal will be to release it to the public in the form of an exhibition or a more permanent presence in the public space of the city or region. Documentation and the results of the residency will be posted on the IMO gallery website.
DATES • Launch of the competition: 28/06/2021
- Deadline for submitting applications: 18/07/2021
- Date of announcing the results: 26/07/2021
- Duration of the residency: 16/08/2021 – 12/09/2021
The Organiser offers the Artist-in-Residence:
- accommodation in a single room in Stary Sącz,
- PLN 4,300 (ca. EUR 1,000) gross for the residency, including the implementation of the artistic program and materials necessary for artistic work,
- access to the art studio,
- curatorial care during the residency,
- assistance in getting to know the local community and locality in order to develop an artistic project with such a focus,
- the opportunity to participate in a learning program addressed to the participants of the international artistic plein air event taking place in Stary Sącz in the second half of August.
The Organiser does not cover the costs of the Artist’s-in-Residence travel to the location of the residency, insurance for the duration of the residency nor any other expenses not mentioned above.
For more information, visit https://imogaleria.pl/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/rezydencja_eng.pdf
Qualifications & Requirements
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE RESIDENCY
Any adult with documented artistic achievements in fields such as: visual arts (fine arts, multimedia, intermedia, interdisciplinary, design, conservation), literature, music, performing arts and those related to theatre and film production. The residency is targeted at artists of any nationality. The Organiser does not reject applications from artistic groups but informs that the terms and conditions of the residency provided are unalterable and are stated below. Due to the ongoing epidemic, holders of the EU COVID certificate may come to Poland without any obstacles. Those who do not have the above-mentioned certificate, will have the costs of the antigen test (up to EUR 45) covered by the Organiser. The tests are to be performed just before arrival in Poland for the residency in Stary Sącz.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE RESIDENCY
- registration for the residency is free of charge,
- the residency is free of charge,
- the duration of the residency is 1 month (16/08/2021-12/09/2021), during this time the Artist-in-Residence is obliged to stay and pursue the proposed programme in Stary Sącz and the Sądecczyzna region;
- the Artist-in-Residence is obliged to organise at least one meeting with the local community during their residency, a meeting open to the public, during which they will present their work and artistic activity pursued as part of the residency;
- the Artist-in-Residence declares that in all the information materials about the project being created and created as part of the residency, they will include information about the fact that the project is being implemented as part of the residency, and also mark the information with the logo of the IMO gallery;
- the Artist-in-Residence undertakes to submit a report on the course of the residency and project implementation to the Organiser within 1 month after the end of the residency; and undertakes to attach photographic and possibly film documentation showing the course of the residency and the effects of the project.
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS – DATES AND SELECTION POLICY
Deadline for submitting applications: 18/07/2021 Date of announcing the results: 26/07/2021 The application and the documentation required to apply for the residency may be prepared in Polish or English, only in the electronic form. Required documents:
- a description of a proposal of the project to be carried out during the residency (max. number of words: 250),
- a cover letter (max. number of words: 250),
- CV + portfolio (max.4xA4, max. 4MB, the portfolio may additionally contain links to works available online, which is suggested in the case of multimedia works).
The required documents listed above should be combined and sent as 1 pdf file (named as follows: surname_name_residency_2021) to the email address: email@example.com
SELECTION CRITERIA AND PROCESS
The selection will be carried out by the representatives of the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right to consult representatives of various creative circles. One Artist-in-Residence will be selected based on the assessment of the applications. This information will be published on the Organiser’s website on 26/07/2021 and in social media, whereas the selected person will be notified by email. A reserve project will also be selected (the author will be notified by email). If an agreement is not signed with the selected artist within 10 days from the announcement of the decision (until 05/08/2021), the residency proposal shall be sent to the author of the reserve proposal. Application evaluation criteria:
- compliance of the application with the purpose of the selection process,
- proposal of an art residency programme and its relevance to the subject and purpose of the IMO art residency,
- the applicant’s artistic output.
Artist in Residence, Opportunities
Apply until 29/10/2021
Artist in Residence, Call for Artists, Opportunities
Apply until 23/10/2021
Call for Artists, Exhibition Opportunity, Opportunities
Apply until 07/01/2022