First Street Gallery announces a unique exhibition opportunity, “9 for 19,” opening January 5, 2022 held in our Chelsea Gallery located at 526 West 26th Street Suite 209, New York, NY 10001.
The show will highlight a select group of nine artists, who will have an exhibition area of approximately 12’ x 12’ of wall space (not necessarily contiguous). Artists with 3D work will be given the equivalent amount of floor space. Selected artists may, within reason, use their space in whatever manner they feel shows their work to its best advantage. Artists will be required to submit a planned layout prior to installation and are strongly encouraged to install their own work.
For more information, visit https://www.firststreetgallery.org/exhibitions/2021-2022-season-archive/2022-9-for-19-prospectus/
Qualifications & Requirements
- Open to artists nationwide, 18 years and older.
- Exception: Artists currently represented by First Street Gallery
- •Eligible works include ORIGINAL oils, acrylics, watercolors, pastels, drawings, prints, mixed media, photography, film, installation, and sculpture in any medium. All work must be suitably framed (or sides cleanly finished or painted), wired and ready for hanging. D-rings should be used for heavy works. 2D works on paper do not have to be framed under plexi-glass or glass, but must have the proper hanging hardware for installation.
- •Sculptors must provide floor stand. (The gallery has a small number of stands which may be available for small sculpture, if your work is chosen please contact the gallery immediately if you wish to use one of ours.) Wall hung sculpture: maximum weight 30 lbs. Must have securely attached wire or other fixture(s) to hang. No work can be hung from ceiling or pipes.
- Accepted work may be refused if it does not conform to the entered image.
- Additional work that was not included in the original/accepted 5 submissions will be considered on a case by case basis. Approval of additional work is required.
- All work must remain in the gallery for the duration of the exhibition.
- All entries must be submitted electronically.
- Judging will be done entirely from JPEGs. No other formats will be accepted. No PowerPoint Presentations or any other imaging software.
- JPEGs must be 72 dpi, they should be at least 600 pixels but not greater than 1200 pixels in any direction. Maximum file size for any individual image is 1 MB.
- The size given for works should be the framed size. *Height must be given before width regardless of whether the work is a vertical or a horizontal. The gallery will not correct dimension errors. Entry form must be filled out completely. Failure to follow the instructions may result in the nullification of your entry.
- JPEG images MUST BE labeled as follows: YOUR LAST Name_FIRST_Name_The number that corresponds with that work’s placement on the Entry Form (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.): smith_joe_1.jpg; smith_joe_2.jpg etc.
- Sculptors must submit two views of EACH work, at no extra cost, and label each work:smith_joe_1a.jpg; smith_joe_1b.jpg; smith_joe_2a.jpg; smith_joe_2b.jpg etc.
- Files which are mislabeled or lack the artist’s name will not be viewed by the juror.
How to Apply
- Hand-delivered work will be accepted at the gallery ONLY on Friday, December 17 and Saturday, December 18, 11:30 am–5:30 pm.
- Floor stand must be brought with sculpture unless arrangements are made to use the Gallery stands.
- If you are shipping your work, it must arrive no later than Saturday, December 18.
- Please Note: Fragile/unprotected work which requires a professional preparator’s expertise should not be submitted to the Gallery
The fee is $55 for 5 images. Entry fees are non-refundable.
Artist in Residence, Exhibition Opportunity, Opportunities
Apply until 30/11/2021
Artist in Residence, Opportunities
Apply until 12/12/2021
Artist in Residence, Opportunities
Apply until 03/12/2021