Over the previous months, and as an attempt to address the extraordinary circumstances arts communities are facing, Mophradat has launched several open calls for projects specifically in Beirut. In our conversations with practitioners in the city, several desires continue to resurface: activating dialogue amongst the art community in balanced and amicable ways, restructuring resources towards broader equality in accessing opportunities, and investigating the possibilities at the intersections of art and activism, as well as a need to bring resources and visibility to new actors and ideas as the city’s demographics drastically change. With the intention of forwarding experimental ideas and actions, we are launching this open call to support projects that try to achieve these goals in practical, imaginative, and speculative ways.
The open call proposes three categories of projects for which applicants can apply:
- Gatherings designed for artists and audiences of the (uncertain) future;
- Projects that transform the arts scene into a place where women artists, writers, curators, and technicians thrive;
- Initiatives by artists, individuals, collectives that forward radical artistic/activist ideas.
Individuals, collectives or institutions in Lebanon can apply and are encouraged to approach this application as practically, imaginatively, and speculatively as possible.
Grant amounts for all categories begin at US$4,000 with a maximum of US$20,000. The total budget available for this call is approximately US$70,000.
SPECIFIC ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
In addition to complying with the general eligibility criteria that you can read here, please note the following:
- Collaborations between the arts and other fields are encouraged.
- Commercial or fundraising activities are not eligible.
- Individual and private infrastructural reconstruction efforts are not eligible.
- Applicants are evaluated and selected by an external advisory committee once the application is confirmed to have fulfilled the program’s general and specific eligibility criteria. The advisors’ names are published after grant recipients are announced.
- All applicants, whether selected or not, receive a response to their applications by June 30, 2021.
- As we often receive a high volume of applications, Mophradat does not provide individual feedback explaining why an application was not selected.
- On selection, an agreement will be signed between the recipient and Mophradat.
You can apply by filling in an online form here. (Please note that you can’t save your application online; we recommend that you work offline and paste your answers into the form.) Once you submit your online form, you will receive an automatic confirmation email.
Call for Artists, Opportunities, Prizes and Awards
Apply until 25/10/2021
Apply until 24/10/2021
Apply until 28/10/2021