Open Call announced by Studio ALTA
“Studio Performance Art”, in short SPA, is a year-long program cycle focused on performance art. Every month, this cycle presents a performance or a discussion that is open to both professional and general public.
The aim of this cycle is not only to present artists working in the field of performance art, but also to create space for different curatorial approaches.
Via this open call, we are looking for artists, theorists, curators, or collectives, who would be interested in curating their own event within the cycle.
- The proposed event can take place in the interiors and halls of Studio ALTA, as well as in public spaces or online. It is possible to present local (Prague and non-Prague) as well as international artists and their participation can be combined with a short-term residence (2 – 5 days).
- Events will be created in cooperation with the SPA curatorial team.
- The budget for artistic fees is 4,000 czk per event (proposed events must take this financial reality into account).
- Fee for curator/s is 4,000 czk per event.
- Studio ALTA can also cover travel costs (up to 1,000 czk), provide accommodation and cover small material costs.
- Studio ALTA will also provide technical support for the entire event, production, promotion, and PR.
In case of questions or ambiguities, we would like to invite you to a group online meeting, which will take place on May 3rd at 7 PM via ZOOM. Within this informal meeting, there will be space to answer any questions related to the open call, the selection process, the SPA cycle or to meet and get acquainted with the curatorial duo of SPA, Antonín Brinda and Petr Dlouhý.
Join the Q&A call: https://bit.ly/3myabf8
Meeting ID 980 8607 8509
Artist in Residence, Opportunities
Apply until 29/10/2021
Artist in Residence, Call for Artists, Opportunities
Apply until 23/10/2021
Call for Artists, Exhibition Opportunity, Opportunities
Apply until 07/01/2022