The Other Art Fair presented by Saatchi Art is tailor-made to support independent artists. Each Fair attracts 1000s of art lovers looking to buy directly from a curated collection of artists, whether as first-time buyers or seasoned collectors.
The Other Art Fair offers emerging artists from all over the world the chance to exhibit and sell their work in an art fair environment, and to gain exposure among curators, galleries, and collectors seeking to discover the most exciting emerging artists working today. In previous editions, the model has worked well with many artists selling work, gaining gallery representation, and receiving offers of commissions, collaborations, and projects.
The Other Art Fair was born from a realization of the disparity between art lovers eager to discover the next big thing and talented artists struggling to gain recognition. Almost ten years later, and over 40 fairs across the globe later, the effects of The Other Art Fair’s growing reputation are not only demonstrated through the support of leading individuals in the art world but also the frequency of success stories from past exhibiting artists.
Onsite Fair: October 21 – 24, 2021
Qualifications & Requirements
Please consider the following before beginning your application:
– Each applicant is carefully considered by our selection committee, with the judges taking time to look at the submitted works, CV, and artist statement.
– The application deadline is August 16th, 2021 and all applicants will be notified by September 2021
– You cannot stop and save your application so we highly recommend making sure you start the application when you can take the time to complete it in full.
– You must complete an application for each edition you are interested in participating in.
– Questions marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed to apply. For all other questions, if you do not wish to supply an answer, simply press the down arrow on the right hand side of the screen to skip to the next question
If successful, your Fair Package will include:
– A booth at The Other Art Fair Dallas in-person at Dallas Market Hall
– Inclusion in our Online Studios e-commerce platform pre- and post- Fair
– Support from our dedicated team in preparation for and following the Fair
– And much more…
How to Apply
Complete your application for the Fair edition you wish to exhibit at. It is free to submit an artist application.
Tell us about yourself and your practice, share a few images of your work, and most importantly – tell us why you’d like to join The Other Art Fair
- Selection Committee
All artist applications are reviewed collectively by the Fair Director and a Selection Committee of art world experts.
Each Fair edition has a new selection committee promising a continuous refresh of opinions.
Once exhibiting artists have been chosen by the Selection Committee, our Fair team will contact you to confirm your place.
It is free to submit an artist application. Upon acceptance, a signed agreement and 30% stand deposit is due to confirm your stand. The remaining 70% deposit is due 6 weeks prior to the first day of the Fair.
Each Fair edition offers a selection of different stand sizes for you to choose from, based on your budget, artwork size, and goals. All stands are built and ready for you to begin hanging your work, with white walls and basic lighting. Additional stand accessories and customizations can be added on (i.e. additional lights, electricity, custom color walls, etc.). Read the 2021 Fair Package Guide below for stand prices for each Fair.
All art sales made onsite at the fair are processed through The Other Art Fair’s central payment system. The fair takes 15% commission from all art sales, which covers processing fees and complimentary wrapping for buyers, so the majority always goes back to the exhibitor. The Fair also extends this 15% commission rate to all post-Fair phone orders that come through, as opposed to the standard 35% commission taken by Saatchi Art.